Fox News Channel host Andrea Tantaros reported on the first Canadian-flag-waving, gun-toting Canadian soldier to take the field at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The Canadian Forces will play host to its first match against South Korea in an exhibition game on Sunday, when the military will compete in a football stadium for the first time.
It is the second time in four years that the military has played in a stadium in Brazil, where they have played in the last two World Cups.
The military is expected to send about 5,000 troops to the World Cup, a total of 8,000 for the two-week tournament.
The event, which has been held since 1966, has become a hot ticket among the U.S., South Korea, Australia and other major powers in the region, with the U,S.
and Japan among the favorites.
South Korea’s soccer federation, the KSF, announced last week that it will take over the hosting duties for the soccer World Cup after the Us and the Socceroos were left out in the cold.
The KSF has also said it will pay for some of the stadium-related expenses, including security and food and beverage concessions.
South Korean media said the KDF will be paid for the cost of the matches.
The two-day tournament kicks off at 2 p.m.
ET Sunday in the city of Maracanã, Brazil, home of the World Cups football tournament.